From a very small beginning in 1958, to a reputed All India Corporate House – it has been a long and successful journey. The learning has helped provide employment to over 4000 people directly and more than 10000 indirectly., apart from being an important artery in the Nation's economic life-line
The KTC Group and Group Concerns
The Kerala Transport Company established in 1958 and pioneers in the field, are today one of the major and largest surface transporters.
A national presence – owning and controlling more than 1000 trucks and having an extensive network of branches and agencies throughout the country.
We move over 10000 tonnes of cargo, criss-crossing the length and breadth of the country, and covering over 400000 kms daily.
- Diversified into Healthcare, Property Development, Plantations, Software, Printing & Publishing, Education, Food Processing, Film Production, Finance and - To Top it all The Successful foray into the Automobile Industry in Kerala through HYUNDAI, MITSUBISHI Motors, FORD, MAHINDRA THREE WHEELERS and HONDA TWO WHEELERS.
- Amongst the Top Ten Business Families in Kerala.
- Founded in 1958
- Group Turnover of over Rs.400 crores
- Amongst the Top Five Road Transport organisations in India with a fleet of over 1000 Trucks and 75 Buses
- Winner of the All India Motor Transport Award
- Major Stakes and active involvement in the management of Mathrubhumi Printing and Publishing Co. Ltd., publishers of the leading Malayalam Newspaper "Mathrubhumi
KTC - Growth Drivers
- KTC Automotive Group is an ambitious organisation with a sharply designed - well communicated Growth Vision
- A strong leadership team with diversified experience and skills
- Organisational excellence with growth-related structure, processes, performance measurements and incentive systems
- A clear competence profile that can be leveraged and stretched
Drivers for success
- Professional Organisation and expertise in successfully managing Automotive Dealerships from 1998.
- Strong presence and goodwill in Kerala for the last 50 years. Readily available land and resources
- Readily available land and resources – ability to start operations immediately.
- Successful relationship and growth with the Automotive manufacturers, from 1998 to date
- KTC - Partners in Progress with Strong Brand equity
||Prime Market Area
||No of Dealerships
||Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, Calicut, Kannur & Kasargod
||Palakkad, Malappuram, Calicut, Kannur & Kasargod
||Palakkad, Malappuram, Calicut, Kannur & Kasargod
||Calicut & Wayanad
||Calicut, Kannur, Kasargod & Wayanad
- The Best Seller" award from HMIL for the period Jan-June 2008
- "The Best Seller" award from HMIL for the period Jan-June 2003 and again for the period Jan-Dec 2003
- "Top Notcher Award 2003" from HMIL for being the Best Spare Parts and Accessories selling partner of HMIL in South Region
- "Excellence in Finance Award" from HMIL for being the "Top Performer" in South Region for the Year 2004
- No1. amongst dealers in the B Category dealers during the Retail Contest held in Sep-Nov 2005.
- KTC Hyundai, Calicut Dealership was declared All India No.3 in the B Category dealers for the year 2006, even after the Prime Market Area of Calicut Dealership had been split into three separate dealerships. HMIL has awarded KTC Hyundai all the three dealerships.
- KTC Hyundai, Thrissur Dealership has the highest Market Share of over 32% in Kerala (2006-07 Figures)
- PVS Ford was accredited "Quality Care Dealership" in the very first evaluation conducted by Ford India Limited.
- Awards include "Go Fida" Award for achieving the Highest sales volume during the year 2007 and Highest Sales volume for Ford Endeavour in Q1 2008.
- "All India No.4 in the for the year 2006, ie., within two year of inception into the Ford Family.
Automotive Management Academy
- The First Academy of Excellence in North Kerala which caters to needs of the Automotive Industry exclusively.
- The Academy has trained and awarded placements to deserving students who have specialized in the field of Automotive Technology, Sales and Service Management, Inventory and Warranty Management. Self Development Topics like communication, body language, team building and team work are mandatory in the curriculum.
Production / Distribution:
MAVOOR TRADE LINKS, dealers of Petroleum products of Indian Oil Corporation and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd,. This business has Seven outlets including one at Kochi.
Largest Selling outlet of IOC in Kerala Region.
Platinum Club Member of Indian Oil Corporation.
- The property development division of the KTC Group, known under the "PVS APARTMENTS" brand name has opened office in Kochi. The company owns medium to large properties in Kochi and the first major Residential flats and villas project will be launched on April 1,2007.
- Metro One, a signature mall with over one lakh sq.ft is under construction in the heart of the city and shall be ready by end 2007. Top Anchors have already been finalized the space.
PVS Memorial Hospital
- The hospital has set new standards of excellence in medical care in Kerala with its High-tech patient care facilities. This fully computerised 24 hours online Super Speciality Hospital, which is the first of its kind in Kerala, has received national recognition for its department of Gastroenterology, Neonatology, Gynaecology & Obstetrics and Infertility Management.
- The Hospital maintains International functional standards and is manned by doctors of national and international recognition. This hospital is dedicated to the task of raising the quality of life index.
- The total number of beds is 150, besides 45 beds are allocated for ICUs. The annual turnover of outpatients is 59855 and inpatients is 7217. This hospital has been accorded registration for performing Kidney Transplantation.
- P V Nidhish is the Director of PVS Memorial Hospital
Super Specialty Hospitals:
- PVS HOSPITAL (P) LTD. , Calicut
- 200 bedded super-specialty hospital in the heart of Calicut city.
- The property development division of the KTC Group, known as "PVS APARTMENTS" with an aim to provide wide range of habitat from economy to luxury apartments. Over Five Major ongoing Projects.
Media & Entertainment
Printing & Publishing
Tour Operators and Cab Service
- PVS Kab: Official transporters of Indian and Air India; CISF, Cochin Refinery, etc
- Kalpaka Rubber Plantations- Over 400 acres of Rubber Plantation in Wayanad District in Kerala.
Sharadhi Lines – LG Home Appliances
- Distributors for LG Home Appliances in Calicut District
Soubhagyam Food Industries Pvt. Ltd
- The SSI unit grinds and markets over of 13500 MT of Wheat Flour per annum.